ViSTA: Visualisation of Scanpath Trend Analysis
Tracking users’ eye movements has widely been used to investigate cognitive processes for over 30 years and eye tracking during web use is a relatively new area. The most obvious applications of eye-tracking are in improving the standard design and layout of Web pages, and evaluating their usability. Studies have also examined the saliency of items on a page under varying, how eye movements vary according to information scent and how looking for a menu is influenced by page complexity and prior expectations. One of the popular dynamic eyetracking metric is a scanpath. A scanpath shows the sequence of elements that a user fixated. In our previous work, we have developed an algorithm that identifies the trending path in a given set of scanpaths. The main objective of this project is to provide a web-based interface for this algorithm and visualise its output.
Type of Project
- Undergraduate Graduation Project
- Mehmet Can Atalay (Undergraduate Student)
- Serkan Karabulut (Undergraduate Student)
- Dr. Şükrü Eraslan (Supervisor)
- Dr. Yeliz Yeşilada (Supervisor)
- Sukru Eraslan, Serkan Karabulut, Mehmet Can Atalay and Yeliz Yesilada. 2019. Evaluation of Visualisation of Scanpath Trend Analysis (ViSTA) Tool. Balkan Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, (ULAKBIM TR DIZIN), 7, 4, 373-383.
- Sukru Eraslan, Serkan Karabulut, Mehmet Can Atalay and Yeliz Yesilada. 2018. ViSTA: Visualisation of Scanpath Trend Analysis (STA). In Proceedings of the 12th Turkish National Symposium on Software Engineering (12. Ulusal Yazılım Mühendisligi Sempozyumu, UYMS ’18), Article 46, 12 pages. Best Paper Award